WLPC is committed to ensuring the highest standards are maintained and latest technology utilised to protect the security of personal information.
This statement identifies the types of information collected by WLPC, as well as how ‘personal information’ is stored and used. This statement also explains the rights of users to access the personal information they provide to WLPC and WLPC’s obligation to users with respect to the management of their personal information:
- What information do we collect?
- How is that information used?
- User’s access to personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Storing personal information
- Data security
- Disposal of information
- National Privacy Principles
- Personal information collected
WLPC collects personal information from individuals for the purposes of communicating with individuals and for the purpose of providing information to specific organisations that the individual has instructed WLPC to communicate with.
Where WLPC collects Information about you from sources other than you, it undertakes:
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your Consent; and
- to declare to you what sources it uses, and under what circumstances.
This information is recorded and used by individuals to identify themselves.
When an individual uses various services provided by WLPC this may involve personal details but under the full control and permission of the individual themselves.
Our web server collects information on the usage patterns of people visiting our website. This information is used for statistical purposes and is gathered from each visit to our website. This information is not used to identify individual users browsing activities, but will record:
- the date and time of visits
- number of users who visit the website
- traffic patterns and pages viewed
This data will be used to research our product and to evaluate, develop and improve its usability.
How personal information is used
WLPC services enable an individual to use their own personal information for their own purposes. WLPC will not disclose any personal information to any individual or entity without the express permission of the individual.
WLPC will not adopt any other organisation’s identifying numbers for user identification.
Individual user access to personal information
Users will have access to all the personal information that is held by WLPC. In order to request access email info@WLPC.com.au Users have the ability to change and update this information. Some details provided to verify individuals may be retained as a record to comply with Financial Regulations or other laws and regulations.
Users can contact WLPC to address any concerns.
Disclosure of personal information by WLPC
WLPC takes great care with practices that affect personal privacy. WLPC implements reasonable security measures to protect the personal information of users and prevent the use or disclosure of personal information without the consent of the individual.
WLPC will not disclose information that identifies an individual, or enables an individual to be identified, with the exception that WLPC may release information about users that it is required by law to disclose and may release information about users that it is permitted by law to disclose and for which a substantial justification exists.
Storing personal information
All stored user information is protected from unauthorised access through the use of secure second factor techniques.
WLPC stores user information only in jurisdictions where data protections are at least equivalent to those required under the OECD Guidelines.
All personal data is protected by reasonable security measures and will remain active on the WLPC. The security of personal information is sufficient to prevent misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of personal information. WLPC maintains a high level of data security by implementing:
- physical security to prevent unauthorised entry to our premises, by installing systems to detect unauthorised access and secure containers for storing paper-based personal information
- computer and network security to protect computer systems and networks for storing processing and transmitting personal information
- communications security to protect communications via data transmission and prevent unauthorised intrusion into our computer network
- personnel security, through our procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to personal information by authorised staff for approved purposes and controls to minimise security risks
Disposal of information
Users may instruct WLPC to delete their personal information held by WLPC at any time, and WLPC will do so, except in those cases where it is required by law to maintain a record, or it is permitted by law to maintain a record and a substantial justification exists to do so.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, WLPC undertakes:
- to retain Information about you only as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
- to destroy Information about you when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that Information about you is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
- Information about you may be retained in WLPC’s logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect the company’s operations. In such cases, Information about you will be destroyed in accordance with those cycles;
- Information about you may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or sub poena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances, WLPC:
- will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that Information about you is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
- will only retain Information about you while that provision is current, and will then destroy Your Data;
- Information about you may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if it is authorised by law (in particular to protect WLPC’s interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfil your undertakings to WLPC or have committed a breach of the criminal law). In these circumstances, WLPC will only retain Information about you while that situation is current, and will then destroy Your Data.
WLPC Pty Ltd will conduct all business operations in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and meet the National Privacy Principles. The National Privacy Principles are provided to protect the collection, use, disclosure, transfer and storage of ‘personal information’.
Personal information is any information that can identify a person, or enable that person to be identified.
National Privacy Principles
It is a core business principle of WLPC to meet the National Privacy Principles, and WLPC’s privacy statement is provided as an assurance to clients that WLPC respects and applies the National Privacy Principles.
In addition to the adoption of the National Privacy Principles, WLPC notes that core company values of user control, transparency and simplicity of operations are also relevant to the protection of users’ personal information.
- not to unilaterally make any material change to these Terms in a manner that reduces the protections for information about you;
- to take all practicable steps to prevent any company that acquires this company or any of its relevant assets from materially changing the Terms applicable to information about you in a manner that reduces the protections for that information;
- where it is considering making changes to these Terms, or creating more specific Terms relating to specific services, to consult with appropriate representative and advocacy organisations;
- where it makes changes to these Terms, to ensure that the differences between successive versions are readily accessible;
- to maintain all prior versions of these Terms in such a manner that they are dated, and readily accessible.
For more information contact WLPC.